swindonweb®  home    make this my homepage
myswindonweb   LOGIN / REGISTER  
Date added: 15 October 2008

Chemistry Class Cock-Up 

Swindon pupils in hospital after science experiment goes wrong
 
Ridgeway School ambulance
Emergency services:
an ambulance leaves
Ridgeway School
calyx multimedia
The harmful effects of sulphur dioxide gas has been blamed for the admission of two school students to the Great Western hospital today.
 
A botched chemistry class experiment led to the release of the noxous gas, which effected ninety pupils across three classrooms just after midday.
 
The two girls who were affected most badly by the accident were taken by ambulance to GWH, where they are being kept in overnight for observation.
 
The disruption led to the whole school being evacuated.
 
Story update: 15 October 2008 6.27pm
Gas leak in Highworth brings disruption
 
In an unrelated incident, a gas leak in Swindon Road, Highworth, caused traffic disruption during rush hour and early evening.
 
British Gas officials are currently investigating the source of the leak, which has had the knock-on effect of stopping water supplies to the area.
 
The road remains closed. See seperate story for pictures.
RELATED CONTENT
Picture just in: 6.27pm
Picture just in: 6.27pm Highworth gas leak leaves busy rush-hour road deserted...
More15 October 2008
RELATED LINKS
Ridgeway School - website
RELATED CATEGORIES
  Highworth  
myswindonweb
Swindon Designer Outlet
Thameswood Vets
Tree Nightclub
Karoliina Saunders
Bathstore Sale, Swindon, bathroom specialists
Jolly Roger
Swindon Rendezvous
The Weighbridge Brewhouse
The Hair Group, Old Town, Swindon
The Brunel Shopping Centre Swindon