SwindonWeb Terms & Conditions
1.1 In these Terms:
1.1.1 “Service” means your use of the Site;
1.1.2 “Site” means our website at http://www.swindonweb.com; and
1.1.3 " we" and " us" means SwindonWeb, of The Pembroke Centre, Swindon SN2 2PQ and its affiliates or agents.
1.2 We reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to make any changes to these Terms. Any changes will be notified to you by publishing the revised Terms on this Site. By continuing to use it after such publication you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. Rules of Use
2.1 To use this Site fully you must register for a username and password. The information that you provide in the registration process must be true, accurate, current and complete and must be maintained in that manner.
2.2 No-one under 18, unless supervised by a consenting parent or guardian, may use the Services at any time; neither may they be used by anyone temporarily or permanently banned from use.
2.3 After successful registration you will be provided with a username and password, which you are required to keep secure at all times.
2.4 You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the content of any submissions that you make to this Site and we accept no liability in relation to such content.
2.5 You are prohibited from submitting anything which:
2.5.1 is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, harmful, profane, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, obscene, abusive, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful (racially or ethnically) or otherwise objectionable, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
2.5.2 is not your own work, is inaccurate or is an opinion not genuinely held;
2.5.3 is in violation of a patent, trade mark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
2.5.4 constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise be contrary to the law, or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or in any other country;
2.5.5 constitutes any form of marketing or advertising; and
2.5.6 is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
3. Safety and Security
3.1 Users agree to take all steps to protect their geographic and email addresses from unknown users on this Site.
3.2 We are concerned about the safety and privacy of all the Site’s users, particularly children. As a parent or guardian of any child, you must decide whether the Service on this Site is appropriate for the child in question. For the avoidance of doubt, a child is a person under the age of 18.
3.3 We will report to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and other appropriate bodies, any illegal activity or behaviour that we regard to be in any way inappropriate towards any user of this Site, particularly where children are involved.
5.1 You agree not to send unsolicited commercial communications by email to other users of this Site without their prior consent.
5.2 You agree not to make any unauthorised use of material on this Site, the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in which are owned either by us or our licensors.
5.3 No part of this Site may be reproduced or stored on any other website or included in any public or private retrieval system or service without our prior written authority.
6.1 You agree to pay the amount specified by us for publication of advertisements.
6.2 We reserve the right refuse to publish or remove at our discretion any advertisement on this Site.
6.3 We reserve the right to position adverts on this Site at our discretion except where otherwise agreed in writing.
6.4 Advertisements are published on this Site on the understanding that you are authorised to make such advertisements.
6.5 Cancellations or alterations to advertisements submitted for publication by us must be made on the terms specified by us.
6.6 You indemnify us fully for any claim against us that arises as a result of publication of your advertisements.
6.7 We exclude all liability for failure to publish an advertisement on the Site for any reason.
7.1 We make no warranty that this Site is free from viruses or defects, is compatible with your equipment or fit for any purpose. You must take all appropriate steps to protect your software, hardware and any other interests by using the appropriate anti-virus and firewall precautions, as well as any other available precaution.
7.2 We cannot guarantee that the Service will be continuous or error free and access to this Site may be suspended without notice for any period as a result of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason.
7.3 We do not warrant that the information accessible via this Site is accurate, complete or current. We have no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which you make of such information.
7.4 We accept no representation as to the security, quality or propriety of websites to which there are links on this Site. We accept no liability in any way for any loss suffered by you in relation to your use of other websites. Such other websites are subject to separate terms, which should be read before you use those websites. We do not either expressly or by implication endorse the services of any advertiser or externally linked website.
7.5 You use this Service at your own risk. This Service is provided as is and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. We disclaim all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the fullest extent permissible. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the result of the use of the material in this Service in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
The failure by us to enforce any of these Terms will not be deemed as a waiver of the right to enforce such term or condition.
If any dispute arises out of these Terms, the parties will attempt in good faith to negotiate a settlement. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will refer it to mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (“ CEDR”) Model Mediation Procedure. (See http://www.cedr.co.uk/). Unless otherwise agreed, the mediator will be appointed by CEDR. If the parties fail to agree terms of settlement within 42 days of the start of the first meeting held under such procedure, the dispute may be referred to litigation by either party.
These Terms will be governed by English Law and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
1. These rules together with any specific rules appearing on any page relating to particular competition (“ Competition Notice”) are incorporated as the competition rules (“ Rules”) for competitions on www.swindonweb.com (“ Site”) and related subsites (“ Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering any Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competitions are organised by SwindonWeb (“ us”, “ our” or “ we”) of The Pembroke Centre, Swindon SN2 2PQ.
3. In the event of discrepancy between these Rules and any Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any cancellation notice or amendments will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules and your continued participation will be deemed as acceptance of the same.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules, Competition Notice, conduct of us or you, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final.
Eligibility of Entrants
6. By entering the Competition you confirm:
6.1 you are resident in the United Kingdom at all times;
6.2 you are 18 or over;
6.3 you have full mental capacity;
6.4 you are not our employee and have no inside knowledge that would prevent you from being a bona fide winner of the Competition in good faith;
6.5 that you fulfil any additional eligibility requirements that may apply to a Competition;
6.6 that you will act in good faith as an entrant in any Competition; and
6.7 that all information submitted by you to us is true, current, accurate, complete and a genuinely held opinion.
7. We reserve the right to declare any entrants to the Competitions ineligible.
8. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrants whom we have reasonable grounds to believe have breached these Rules.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, we will in our sole discretion decide whether a replacement contestant will be selected. Any replacement will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is permitted.
11. Competition entries which are not made in the manner, and by the closing date, specified on the Competition Notice will be disqualified.
12. No payment is required for entry to a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of this Site.
13. We do not accept responsibility for any error or delay in operation of the Competition or for loss, theft, delay, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, arising for any reason.
14. Unless stated otherwise, we do not guarantee to return any Competition entries of any nature.
15. Prize winners will be notified within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all events, our decision will be final.
16. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to reply by email within 24 hours to claim a prize, for any reason, may result in disqualification.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with those of equal or greater value at any time.
18. We reserve the right to withhold prizes at our discretion and for any reason.
19. We reserve the right to request proof of age of any winner.
20. Prize winners are solely responsible for paying all expenses relating to prizes won following entry to a Competition, including taxes, insurances, transfers, upgrades, spending money and any other expense, unless specifically stated by us.
Intellectual Property Rights
21. You confirm that you are the sole owners of the copyright and any other intellectual property right in any entry you submit to a Competition.
22. You agree to assign to us the copyright and any other intellectual property right in any entry to a Competition, for the lifetime of that intellectual property right.
23. You agree that any entry you make to a Competition will be free from any libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening content.
24. Whilst we are not obliged to screen entries to a competition, we reserve the right to alter, to any extent, any entry to a Competition.
25. We accept no liability for any indirect, economic or consequential loss suffered by any entrant to a Competition, whether caused by breach of contract, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise.
Data Protection and Publicity
26. If you win a prize in a Competition, you agree to take part in reasonable promotional activity for us and you agree that your name, photographs and audio or visual recordings of any kind may be published on this Site.
27. The Competition and the Rules are governed by English law and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How to contact us
28. You can contact us in relation to any matter by writing to us at SwindonWeb, The Pembroke Centre, Swindon SN2 2PQ or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not store any of your financial details (credit or debit card numbers, expiry, CCV Number), any financial information entered on our website will be passed directly to PayPal via a secure connection for processing.
We may use the personal data* you provide in order to provide you with the best possible customer service and, with your permission, to keep you updated about SwindonWeb services, promotions and products. If at any time you wish to be removed from the SwindonWeb database, or you no longer wish to receive communications from SwindonWeb, please contact us at:
The Pembroke Centre,
tel: 01793 862020
SwindonWeb will never sell your personal data or make it available to any third parties.
SwindonWeb has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
The Website may include links to third-party websites. SwindonWeb can not control and is not responsible for the contents of such websites or for any privacy or data collection policies they may employ.
* Your 'personal data' may consist of any of the following depending which services you use on our website: Name, Billing, Delivery and Postal Addresses, Email, Password, Company, Home and Mobile Telephone Number, Date of Birth and any other information required for registration to mySwindonWeb or entry to SwindonWeb competitions.