Deck the halls - but don't forget to recycle
Swindon Christmas waste collection times + recyling info
And don't forget - 12th night this year is TONIGHT - Tuesday 05 January 2016, so make sure your tree and all the decorations are down by then.
What can be recycled
- christmas cards
- old clothes (please put them in a bag and place it in your recycling box)
- Christmas trees
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic Bottles
- large plastic sweet tubs
- the casing around the Christmas pudding
- the plastic tray that once held the turkey
- plastic wrapping from around gifts
- plastic fruit and vegetable containers
And what can't be recycled
crumple a piece in your hand and if it crumples itís foil, and can go into the box. If it expands again, it has plastic in it and has to go in your general waste.
General Waste Collections
Most households in Swindon will see no change to their normal collection days for household waste and recycling over the Christmas and New Year period.
The only exceptions are homes where the normal collection days fall on either Christmas Day or Monday 28th December. Collections due on New Yearís Day will be made as normal.
- Wheelie bin or blue bag collections scheduled for Christmas Day will be collected on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th December, and those scheduled for Monday 28th will be collected on Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st December. Residents are asked to leave their waste out on both days from 6.30 in the morning.
- Recycling box collections due on Christmas Day will be collected from Tuesday 29th December, and those due on Monday 28th December will be collected from Wednesday 30th December. Boxes should be left out on the new dates until they are collected, which should be within two days.
- Green garden waste collections for subscribers to the councilís green waste service will be suspended from Christmas Day until they start again on Monday 11th January.
- Plastics collections due on Christmas Day and Monday 28th December will not be made and will be collected on the next scheduled collection day in the New Year.
Real (not artificial) Christmas trees will be collected if residents leave them out on their normal waste collection day after festivities are over. All decorations and tinsel should be removed Ė trees with decorations left on will not be taken away.
Household Waste and Recycling Centre
The Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Cheney Manor will be open daily from 8.00am-4.30pm with the exception of:
Christmas Day (closed all day)
Boxing Day (closed all day)
New Year's Day (closed all day)
|Christmas Waste Collection and Recycling - full details|