make this my homepage
last 20 jobs
add a job
swindon talent pool
the job hunt
write the perfect cv
my first job
All rights reserved.
SwindonWeb is a
The National Self Build & Renovation Centre
This job has Expired
Application Engineer (Pre Sales)
See Job Description
See Job Description
Position: Application Engineer (Pre Sales)
Job type: Permanent
Skills: GIS(preferably), Oracle, SQL
Salary: £29,000 - £31,000 (ote £35k)
Outsource UK Ltd is actively seeking to recruit an Application Engineer (Pre Sales) for a permanent role with one of our clients.
My client is a large well established software house, based in Swindon with a superb location including on site parking.
Provide technical and commercial Pre-Sales support for my clients products, including, but not limited to:
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and demonstrations
- Assistance with technical responses/professional services estimates
- Assistance with seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Provide support to my clients customers for their applications, working both on and off site as required.
- Provision of support will also include helpdesk activities working within the existing scheduled rota.
- Provide professional services for my clients projects including development and configuration of new and updated applications.
- Provide support and guidance to other SG&I Application Engineers on technical subject matter.
- Undertake all activities within the envelope of the SG&I Quality procedures.
- Extensive experience of GIS.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Database 10gR2 or 11gR2.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL languages.
- Good understanding of Oracle Spatial and XML data types.
- Windows Server operating systems including Windows 2003 and 2008.
- Microsoft technology stack including IIS, Active Directory, TCP/IP, Networking, Windows and Security.
- Knowledge of C# programming language using Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010.
- Knowledge of G/Technology is preferable
- Knowledge of GeoMedia / GeoMedia WebMap is preferable.
- Problem solving - The requirements of the job role include the ability to analyze complex problems and effectively arrive at excellent solutions.
- Commercial awareness - The requirements of the job role include an understanding of the commercial constraints that support and projects must work within and how the decisions taken by engineers affect the financial success of the business unit.
- Communication - The requirements of the job role include the ability to effectively communicate (in both verbal and written form) with a variety of individuals from managers to technical experts.
To hear about other Infrastructure opportunities email our Specialist James McAbendroth on email@example.com or call 01793 430021.
Outsource UK Ltd
Churchward House, Firefly Avenue, Swindon, SN22EY
To register an interest in this vacancy or to ask any questions you may have, please contact Outsource UK Ltd either using the details above or the enquiry form below.
Better still, why not apply online using
where you can attach your CV? Just click on the ‘Apply Online’ link below.
Enquiry / Message:
Security code, please
enter exactly as it
appears in the image: *
Benefits of applying online:
Save your details and CV for multiple applications
Add your CV to our database so employers can look for you
Access to all previous applications and saved jobs
And much more!